Well, I've started a new job. It's a NICU position, and I'm really excited. But I'm also really nervous. I start on the unit tomorrow. Last week was orientation, which as it always is, was really boring. I mean, there was some useful stuff, but there was also stuff in there that just doesn't apply. Or like computer orientation, just isn't going to make sense til we have to use it for a while. Eeeek. I'm so nervous. I am so glad that for orientation I just have to do my 3 12's and not 4 8's plus a classroom day like the last job. I'm going to try to study and blog to help me process my shifts, prepare for the next ones, and adjust a little faster. Hopefully.
Considering tomorrow I know there is only so much I can really DO, some of the things I'm nervous about are like... how to clock in, getting a locker, lunch in general, getting along with my preceptor, being too tired, finding the bathroom, looking stupid, etc. So really I'm nervous about everything.
No comments:
Post a Comment