Tuesday, March 15, 2011

ahhhh finally some progress

well. my goal is to quit my job at the end of April. phew. I am actually really nervous. I just really don't like quitting things, and since I may need a reference at some point, it still matters how I approach the subject and my manager. I would really like to spend a little time in the month after I resign to write down some of my memories of this year, even as painful as it was sometimes. The summer I hope to spend clearing my belongings of clutter, relaxing, enjoying the sunshine, and being social (something I have really missed these past many many months).

And the fall? I'll be moving to Chapel Hill, NC at the beginning of August to work through the Episcopal Service Corps. I'll be there for 10 months. I don't know the work I'll be doing yet; we'll all meet with their partner organizations in the first few weeks. They know that I am a nurse, but that I don't expect an actual RN job. I don't know exactly how easy or difficult it is to transfer to a NC license, but I have already printed off the reinstating the GA license information. Ideally, I would love to do something health/ wellness/ prevention related. I am really excited, but certainly nervous about the whole thing.


No comments:

Post a Comment