Saturday:
I got to work with three patients and a new admit. The new one was this young girl with like flu symptoms. I had to try to start an IV on her and she ended up crying and throwing up. Which was more than a little anxiety inducing. Pharmacy got mad when I couldn't find some meds they claimed to have sent up. No surprise, they always claim I should have meds when there is just no way. My patients weren't super difficult, but I didn't really like them, either. One was pouty and needy, one was a grouch, one was completely out of it, and the last one was nice enough.
1. I had my first patient on a heparin drip.
2. i did two lab draws; I'm getting moderately decent at those. You'd think that I could also start IVs, but that is just not the case.
Sunday:
I got there and one of my patients was being discharged, which was ok, but that always means that an admit is on the way. So I had til 9 before my new patient came upstairs. So I was able to be sort of almost caught up when she got to the floor, but not really enough to be relaxed. Also, we only had one tech for the first 4 hours, which just puts a strain on the whole floor. Not to mention all the supplies issues we continue to have. grrr. Seriously? no water pitchers or more gloves? ridiculous. This is like war zone nursing. Except there is a higher likelihood of me being sued I'm pretty sure.
1. I had a patient with IHSS, which is a heart condition, and a. fib
2. drew more labs
3. put in an order for a social services and wound consult
4. filled out a POA sticker
5. gave Vitamin K for the first time, it comes in an ampule
Thats about it I guess. I feel like I normally make fun of my job a little more, but today I'm just mopey. ugh.
I'm sorry this week has been "mopey" inducing. I want you to know I pray for you and work all the time, esp when I know you have a shift coming up. I just want you to know there are people who love and care for you and have your back me especially. (I know you know all that but it's nice to hear sometimes)
ReplyDeleteThanks dude. you are right, its nice to be reminded sometimes.
ReplyDelete