Wednesday, May 4, 2011

funemployment

Ahhhhhh! Sweet relief. I'm done. I am still nervous about some things like not having good health insurance (I just got some disaster insurance for the summer months) and knowing that I don't want to just barrel through the money I managed to save up, and how I might have to alter my food spending habits because I was justifying buying whatever I wanted because I was too tired to cook or look for deals. Plus there are some things I need to buy before I leave: lots of new clothes, glasses, etc. that I haven't had time or focus to buy in the past 20 months.

Anyway. I can tell my body is trying to get back into the right sleep schedule, and it is awesome even though I'm not there yet. But last night I slept off and on from 6:30 pm to 8:30 am, managing to simultaneously catch up on some needed sleep AND wake up at a normal time this morning! Which meant I was not only awake, but had some energy to boot! And in addition, Cory had the day off, so we got to hang out, during the daytime, and were both awake for a solid 12 hours at the SAME TIME. I don't know if that has ever happened before since we started dating A YEAR AGO. Honestly, my head already feels clearer. I mean, I was sitting in the car, listening to music that reminded me of high school, running errands with Cory, and I actually thought, "wow, was I really this happy before I started work?" Which was both a validating and encouraging thought. I mean, if today really was a good example of how I used to think and feel, then my job might even have been more terrible than I thought. And also, who knows what I'll be able to get done if I am a happy person again.

That being said, I am getting overwhelmed with all the things I'm discovering I was putting off while I was working. Hopefully this week will continue to be productive and by the time I head to the beach I'll feel like I've got a little of it under control. We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment