Friday, December 31, 2010
phew
Middle of the night journal attempt. I am trying to actually take breaks at work. That might be part of my resolutions. I just know the stress hormones can't be good for me. Maybe I should take up mid-shift meditations. I sure wish there was a cot in the break room. Granted tonight I'm starting out tired, whereas most nights I just get that way after like, 1.5 shifts. I am sleepy. I should bring like salad and fruit for lunch instead of crackers and cereal. So far tonight I have 4 patients. One is post op with a PCA and some weird AM orders, another is going for a colonoscopy in the morning, and is also getting a total of 4 units of PRBCs. One started out really agitated and complain-y and wanted a soap suds enema, and the last is a quiet weirdo whose family doesn't seem to trust him. The first two are sort of admissions. The DARP and plan of care was done for each, but the med rec and profile were not. I feel bad for not having as many patients as the others, but my people do all have their own issues. I have a bit of a headache, I took some tylenol but it hasn't helped yet. Tonight will be New Years Eve, and I want to make some cream cheese bars, but currently I am SO tired that it is not appealing in the least. Having my sleep hours all messed up over Christmas is hurting me today. As far as the rest of my shift is concerned, I have a profile to do, a unit and a half of blood, transfer my patient for the colonoscopy, discontinue the preop orders, give some cipro, check off MARs, and do reassessments/ heart rhythms/ chart checks. Allison is working this weekend, so that is good. But I think most of my patients will leave today, so tomorrow night might be like starting over. sigh. Ok I'ma go make rounds.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment