I think that was about all the notable things from that shift. Which, I am completely not complaining about. And now, I am about to embark on an unfortunate stretch of shifts so I can go to Maryland and actually take vacation to do so. YAY a real break!
Tuesday, January 12, 2010
mayyyybe this will be a short post, for once
Friday I had a couple of the same patients as earlier in the week, which helped immensely. I actually had a good night. I think all of my patients slept, for once. I only started with 4 patients because one was already discharged and just waiting for his ride, and one of mine was in dialysis for the first 3 hours of the shift, meaning I had 3 hours with just 3 patients!! It was great. I had one completely crazy sickle cell patient who smelled bad. Luckily she was easy to manage if I kept her loaded up with benadryl, phenergan, and dilaudid every 4 hours. I had another exceptionally smelly patient (who I'd had for 3 or 4 shifts at this point) who after I picked him up from dialysis, all he needed was pain meds. One lady slept all night after I successfully! changed her IV site :) (that means I am up to like 4 total... saaaad.) Around 4 maybe? I admitted a patient with malaria! Crazy, huh? And now malaria keeps showing up in my life- once on a tv show, then in a conversation about a trip.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment